Seen our advert in the earlier post? This is the job description for the Research & Campaigns Officer role; we look forward to receiving your application. Please note that the focus of the post is on social media campaigning rather than research. We need someone with outstanding social media skills; please show your experience in that field in your application. If you have already submitted an application and want to send us additional information on this point, please feel free to do so.
The organisation Citizens for Britain is a grassroots campaign which gives a voice to Conservative supporters (past as well as present) who want to stop Brexit. It is best known for its campaign, Tories Against Brexit, which has grown rapidly over the last four months and is now seeking to expand considerably its range of activities.
The Research & Campaigns Officer will lead on the development and promotion of the Tories Against Brexit campaign on social media. The post-holder will support the Director by carrying out research, helping to write to content for the web and other platforms, assist with the organisation of meetings and events and occasionally attend external meetings representing our campaign. There may be some administrative work.
Citizens for Britain is a volunteer-led group and the Director currently works part-time so the post-holder will need to be a self-starter with the judgement, commitment and initiative to identify opportunities for the campaign and take advantage of them.
This is an exciting time to work in British politics and for the right person this will be an opportunity to make an impact on one of the most important campaigns of recent years. If Conservative MPs and Conservative voters don’t support giving people the final say on the UK-EU deal, then Brexit will happen. There is a lot at stake in this campaign.
Roles & responsibilities
The post holder will be expected to:
- lead on social media campaigns
- manage the twitter and Facebook accounts for Tories Against Brexit
- contribute high-quality copy and other content for use online and elsewhere
- carry out research into EU-related issues to support the Director
- assist with the organisation of meetings and events.
- committed Conservative Party member or supporter
- passionate about stopping Brexit.
- graduate qualification or equivalent experience
- understanding of e-campaigning and why this is important.
- working with digital and social media
- working with website content management systems
- writing for a range of audiences and using different mediums to produce convincing, clear and succinct content e.g. blogs, e-actions, web and print
- working in a campaigning and/or lobbying environment [desirable]
- volunteering or working alongside volunteers [desirable].
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work on own initiative but be part of a team
- be creative on digital media
- ability to adapt quickly to new technical software packages
- ability to use website content management systems (CMSs)
- proficient with all main Microsoft Office packages
- good organisational and work load management skills.
Salary & location
The expected salary is £22,000 a year. The post will be based in London.